Boy choking on apple saved by quick thinking teacher

© Ifan Tudur Jones / Daily Post
© Ifan Tudur Jones / Daily Post

A teacher saved a students life after a bit of the apple he was eating for lunch stuck in his throat.

Ifan Tudur Jones, from Llandudno, Wales, turned blue as he struggled to breathe after the apple became stuck in his windpipe.

Fortunately, his teacher Nia Thomas remained calm, put the boy over her knee and hit him on his back until the apple was dislodged.

His father, Arwyn Tudur Jones, told the Daily Post that he was 'just so grateful that Mrs Thomas was able to jump in and save him, as it obviously could have ended in tragedy.

“My family and I would like to thank Mrs Thomas from the bottom of our hearts, and to the rest of the school for their care.

Share this article