It has been announced that children with Leap Cards will be able to travel for free again on all public transport for two weeks during the summer.
This is the fifth year of the ‘Kids Go Free’ promotion that help families enjoy fun activities at the start of summer.
Any child Leap Card (5-15 or 16-18) can be used to get free travel from Monday 2nd July until Sunday the 15th July provided it has at least one cent travel credit.
Just use your Child Leap Card as normal and you won’t be charged for any of the journeys you take.
This promotion doesn’t just apply to Dublin – the cities of Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Sligo and Athlone are also included.
- Find: Things to do in Dublin
- Find: Things to do in Limerick
- Find: Things to do in Cork
- Find: Things to do in Galway
- Find: Things to do in Waterford
- Find: Things to do in Sligo
- Find: Things to do in Westmeath
- All Dublin Bus scheduled services (excluding Airlink and Nitelink)
- All Luas services
- All DART services
- All Commuter Rail services in Dublin’s “Short Hop Zone” and on the Cork to Cobh/Midleton train lines
- Ashbourne Connect
- Bus Éireann services where TFI Leap Card Validators are available.
- Bus Éireann Services in Cork city, Limerick city, Galway city, Waterford city, Sligo and Athlone towns and Bus Éireann services in Dublin and surrounding counties (Excluding Expressway)
For those who don’t yet have a Child Leap Card, they can be bought HERE, while there is also a limited stock of free Child Leap Cards for 5-15 year olds available at the following locations:
- Dublin Bus Head Office, 59 O’Connell Street Upper, Dublin 1
- Connolly, Heuston and Pearse Train Stations
- Bus Station, Parnell Place, Cork
- Bus Station, Ceannt Station, Eyre Square, Galway
- Bus Station, Parnell St, Limerick
- Bus Station, The Quay, Waterford
- Bus Station, Lord Edward Street, Sligo
- Bus Station, Southern Station Rd, Cloghanboy West, Athlone
Click HERE for more information.