Little girl has safety pin stuck up nose for 6 months!

Safety Pin that was stuck up nose for 6 months
Safety Pin that was stuck up nose for 6 months

Five-year-old Khloe Russell was suffering from a mysterious runny nose for six months that doctors were not able to stop.

That was until she finally managed to blow out the cause; a 1.5-inch-long safety pin.

The illness started when, about six months ago, Khloe's nose started running. Her mother Katelyn Powell described it to ABC News as : "Green, green, green constantly and it stunk.”

Mrs Powell said that three different doctors determined her 5-year-old daughter was suffering from sinus infections and prescribed antibiotics.

As well as antibiotics, they took her to the dentist in case it related to her teeth.

"We were horrified. I was like, 'Did you put this up there? It was a huge object. It was bigger than her nose," Katelyn said.

Khloe has fully recovered but Katelyn has since being receiving hate mail from people questioning her “parenting skills” as well as nasty comments under the story on UPI News.

One commenter aksed, “what parent would allow a 4 year old to play with safety pins. Good parenting guys”. 

"I hope people can understand that this can happen to their children and that it doesn't make their children stupid for doing it or not saying anything after", responded Katelyn.

Share this article