Mother warns of dangers of swimming shorts for boys

Jack's penis caught in his shorts while on holiday © Laura Collins / Mirror
Jack's penis caught in his shorts while on holiday © Laura Collins / Mirror

Last year, five year old Jack Collins was in agony after the wire mess lining of his swimming shorts wrapped around his genitals.

His mother, Laura Collins, told the Mirror last year that “he let out the most gut-wrenching scream I’ve ever heard; it’s a sound no mother should ever hear.”

Having being advised to go straight to the doctor, Jack was given a local anaesthetic at hospital, and doctors eventually managed to cut him free.

Jack wasn't the first case the hospital had seen as his mother was told that another boy had come into the hospital a few weeks earlier with a similar injury. 

Parents are now being advised that, although these incidents are rare, to either cut-out the wire mesh or wear pants underneath the shorts.

Little Jack Collins was in agony

 

 
 

Share this article