Toddler saves twin from being crushed under chest of drawers

Help: Little Bowdy helps release his brother. © Facebook / Ricky Shoff
Help: Little Bowdy helps release his brother. © Facebook / Ricky Shoff

An American father has issued a warning to parents to bolt furniture to the wall to prevent accidents.

Ricky Shoff, from Utah, USA, said he reluctantly posted a video of his sons' accident to highlight the dangers of household furniture.

Their mother had just left the room when Brock and Bowdy Shoff are seen trying to climb up inside the drawers before it falls over and pins Brock underneath one corner.

His brother Bowdy, who was also hit by the unit, is seen trying to lift the furniture from different angles before managing to shove it clear and rescue Brock.

Mr Shoff wrote: "I've been a little hesitant to post this. But I feel it's not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible.

"We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share.

"We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is ok.

"Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share."

Both boys had recovered and were playing in the room when their mum returned to find the unit on the floor. The parents only knew what happened after watching the video.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) states that a child dies every two weeks in the US when a TV or piece of furniture falls on top of them.

 

Share this article