Hook Head Lighthouse
HOOK LIGHTHOUSE – LIGHT UP YOUR DAY
Lighthouses have a magic and mysticism of their own, none more so than the 13th Century Hook Lighthouse.
One of the top things to do / Day Trips in Wexford or Waterford!
The present structure is about 800 years old and is the oldest intact operational Lighthouse in the world. Hook Lighthouse offers guided tours of the lighthouse tower all year round and is one of the top things to do Wexford and Waterford.
Climb the 115 steps to the spectacular view from the balcony.
The former lighthouse keeper’s houses now play host to the visitor facilities:
- Guided tours of Lighthouse Tower.
- Gift shop selling gifts of a nautical nature.
- Cafe serving homemade soup, sandwiches, various seafood options and fresh scones and cakes from our bakery.
- Picnic areas and children’s outdoor games.
- Free Family Friendly events – checkout our Facebook page.
- Art workshops for adults and children are held at the Lighthouse all year round with resident artist Rose.
- Art exhibits and maritime displays.
- Free WiFi available in the café area.
Guided Tours Available
Visitor Centre open year round
- June/July/August 9.30 am to 6 pm
- May/September 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
- Rest of year 9.30 am to 5 pm
Guided Tours of Hook Lighthouse Tower
- June/July/August – Every half hour from 10 am to 5.30 pm
- Rest of Year – Every hour from 11 am to 5 pm
- Group bookings by prior arrangement
- Access to Lighthouse by guided tour only.
- View our Guided Tour translation in your language.