Bundoran Lifeboat Soapbox Race
SOAPBOX RACE CANCELLED
It is with regret that we have decided to cancel this Sunday's soapbox race event. Following consultation with weather charts and Met Eireann, the forecast is not favourable to run an event outdoors. For the comfort and safety of our volunteers, participants and spectators the organising committee has made the difficult decision to cancel the event. We are sorry to cause any disappointment, particularly to those who have already built soapboxes. We would like to thank those who had volunteered their time to help out at the event. Our annual flag day street collection will go ahead on Sunday and we thank you in advance for your generosity and continuing support of Bundoran RNLI Lifeboat.
The 8th annual Bundoran Lifeboat Soapbox race takes place on Sunday 2nd June 2019 at Astoria Road, Bundoran.
The cup is up for the taking once again and it’s all in aid of Bundoran RNLI Lifeboat! So get your team together and start building the most colourful and creative soapboxes you can think of!
At least 30 teams are expected to take part on the day guaranteeing plenty of thrills and spills.
- The event takes place on Sunday 2nd June 2019 at Astoria Road, Bundoran from 1pm-4pm
- Soapbox racing is dangerous. There is a risk of serious injury to all people taking part.
- Everyone takes part at their own risk, and when you sign up to take part you agree to accept these risks.
- The entry fee is €40 per vehicle for the event. Your entry will not be confirmed until the full payment has been received on the day of the race.
- The fee MUST be paid before you will be allowed to race.
- A separate entry form is required for each vehicle you wish to enter.
- You will be racing against other vehicles, and you must be comfortable driving your vehicle at speed. Your vehicle must be stable at speed and will need good brakes and steering. (see technical specification for details)
- The construction specifications and vehicle inspections do not constitute a warranty of safety. You are solely responsible for the safe construction and operation of your vehicle.
- You should ensure that your vehicle is fully tested before you come to the event
- The event organisers will acquire third party liability cover for the event. This will not cover loss, damage or injury to competitors, nor does it provide liability cover for the competitors themselves. Competitors are strongly advised to take out their own individual cover if this is a concern.
- The event organisers do not anticipate any need to change the published rules and procedures for the event and will not change them without good reason. Nevertheless, they reserve the right to do so if necessary and will endeavour to give all teams as much notice of any rule changes as possible.
- All proceeds for the day will go to Bundoran RNLI Lifeboat.