Glasnevin Genealogy Seminar
Saturday, April 27th, 9:30am - 4:30pm - THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
If you have developed a taste for researching your family history or for genealogy in general, you won’t want to miss our inaugural Glasnevin Genealogy Seminar taking place this April.
This all day event will be packed full of speakers who specialise in almost every type of record that you can imagine such as:
- Births, Marriages and Death Registers
- Census Records and Substitute Directories
- Church Records
- DMP (Dublin Metropolitan Police)
- RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary)
- Glasnevin Trust Records
- Maternity Records
- Workhouse Records
- 1916/War of Independence/Civil War Records
- World War I Records
- Northern Irish and Scottish Records
- RMS Leinster Records
There will be presentations from specialists in the subjects above on the day. The speakers are:
- Lynn Brady - Glasnevin Records
- Ann Louise Mulhall - Maternity Records and Workhouse Records
- John O’Grady - Crew and Passenger Records from RMS Leinster
- Gerard White - Researching Military and Naval Records
Along with the talks, there will be hubs on the day dedicated to specialist records where you can go to have an in-depth conversation with an expert in the areas outlined above.
This event promises to be engaging and interactive so feel free to bring your work along and to discuss any challenges or ‘brick walls’ that you have encountered on your family history journey so far. You will be in the right place to find solutions to them!
The speakers and facilitators will be bringing examples of their work along on the day to share with you.
There will be handouts and research packs full of hints and tips for you take away with you.
We stock a range of products such as wall charts and maps which can help you with your research which will also be available on the day.
Lunch and a voucher worth €15 to search the Glasnevin Database are included with admission.