Cork Folk Festival
The Cork Folk Festival 3rd Oct -7th October is an annual music event that takes place in Ireland’s southern capitol, Cork.
The 40 year old festival is emerging as one of the most important folk & traditional music events in Ireland and has a growing reputation in Europe.
The Festival features over 50 free and ticketed events in venues across Cork city, including concerts, lectures, workshops, an open-air market and traditional Irish set-dancing.
The event has a strong focus on local Cork City, Sliabh Luachra and Irish Traditional and folk musicians and singers, so prepare for plenty of polkas, slides and harrier ballads.
Some events include:
- The Food & Folk Open-air Food Market at Emmett Place on Saturday, 5 October will feature live music with Granny’s Attic, Club Ceoil Ballyphehane Balladeers, Aatma Indian Dance Group, and other music groups
- Tall Tales for Children with Pat Speight in Cork City Children’s Library on Saturday, 5 October
- The Céilí Mór with Ger Murphy and Ken Cotter on Thursday, 3 October
- Dancing Tribute to Timmy the Brit – set-dancing classes with William Hammond, Saturday 5 October
- Try the Pipes Day with Píobairí Uileann, Music Generation & Creative Tradition, Cork City Library, Saturday 5 October