To celebrate a decade of rescuing and rehoming dogs in Ireland, we are delighted to announce we will be holding our very first festival-themed event, Dogs Trustival, at our Rehoming Centre on Sunday, 18th of August from 12pm to 5pm!
Our exciting new family festival will be jam packed with all things doggie and an array of fun-filled entertainment for the whole family to enjoy, including:
- Training displays with some of the most talented Dogs Trust residents and their Canine Carers
- “Tailwagger Walk” market, full of doggie retail and exhibitions and delicious street food vendors
- A children’s’ “Education Corner” with face-painting
- Doggie Agony Aunts
- A “Pup Up” photo booth with Pawtrait
- The “Museum of Modern Bark”, where a host of well-known Irish artists, including Audrey Hamilton, Morgan and the Jam Art Factory will exhibit dog portraits to be raffled at the event
For people bringing their own dogs, there will be designated activity areas to let your dogs have fun and explore too!
The very lovely TV presenter, author and dog lover Andrea Hayes will be our compare extraordinaire on the day and we will also have some well-known Irish music acts who will play exclusive acoustic sets in a small intimate setting!
Top Irish band, Hudson Taylor, who featured some Dogs Trust residents in their recent music video “Run with Me”, will play a number of their biggest hits, as well as new Dublin band SAARLOOS, who will be performing an acoustic version of their debut single, “Changes”, which reached almost 4 million streams on Spotify.
Special entertainment acts will include a magician, face painters, a balloon modeller and live bubbles, as well as the our very own “Dog Tales with Andrea Hayes” competition, a chance for people to tell the audience what their dog means to them and the impact their dog has had on their life, which will be judged by Irish model Holly Carpenter, TV presenter Maia Dunphy and Dogs Trust Head of Operations Karla Dunne.
Family tickets only €35
Under 2's and Dogs go Free!
Dogs are welcome, once he/she is well socialised, comfortable with other dogs, children and familiar with large crowds of people.
As this is a public event, dog owners will need to also adhere to The Control of Dogs Acts 1986 and 1992.
- If you would like to bring your dog on the day you must add on our free Doggie Ticket to your order.
- Please note that he/she must be well socialised, comfortable with other dogs, children and familiar with large crowds of people. As this is a public event, dog owners will need to also adhere to The Control of Dogs Acts 1986 and 1992 legislation.
- If you are travelling by car, you must purchase a valid car parking ticket