The 2017 Smithfield Lights event is back and bigger than ever.
This is the main family Christmas event in Dublin and a must for all families looking for an evening of fun, festive entertainment.
Families can enjoy a wide range of children’s festive entertainment including face painting, workshops, a vintage carousel and an outdoor screening of the classic Christmas movie, The Snowman. There will also be market stalls with a range of delicious foods, arts and crafts.
The main tree lighting event will take place at 7pm, with VIP Santa, The Lord Mayor and special guests in attendance.
The event will be presented by broadcaster Andrea Hayes and will feature music from the Stanhope Street Girls Choir, Red Empire and headline act The Riptide Movement will take to the stage for a special performance at 7.20pm.
The ‘Smithfield Lights’ schedule includes:
Market Stalls open at 3.00pm
• Snow Globe, Carousel, Children’s Workshops & Face Painting open at 4.00pm
• Screening of movie The Snowman at 5.00pm – 5.30pm
• Sam Maguire on display at 5.00pm – 6.00pm
• Performance from Stanhope Street Girls Choir at 5.45pm – 6.05pm
• Performance from Red Empire 6.15pm – 7.00pm
• Children’s Workshops & Face Painting finishes at 7.00pm
• Lord Mayor gives a short speech on stage with Santa, Switching on Christmas Tree lights at approximately 7.10pm/7.15pm
• Performance from The Riptide Movement at 7.20pm – 8.00pm
• All Entertainment (Carousel, Snow Globe etc) finishes at 8.00pm
• Christmas Market remains open until 9.00pm
Event closes at 9pm