Athlone Shannon Feastival
Taking place on September 8th and 9th 2018, Athlone Shannon Feastival will feature a variety of exciting events, family friendly activities and great local food.
It will celebrate the beautiful River Shannon’s connection with Athlone, featuring several water-based events including flyboarding, rowing and raft racing, to name a few.
Other festival highlights across the weekend include an artisan food village where the local food producers and restaurants will be showcasing the best food that the local area has to offer, chocolate painting workshops and live music.
Keep a sharp eye out for Vikings too!
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Sheraton Viking Settlement at The Strand
- The Radisson Blu Festival Marquee and Flogas Demo Kitchen, located under the walls of Athlone Castle.
- An Artisan Food Village and Viking BBQ Cook-Off
- A weekend of Fashion, Music and Food Trails
- Guinness, Oysters and Jazz at Sean’s Bar
- Kids Chocolate Workshops and Cookery Demos
- Sirana Spa Wellness Area
- Whiskey walking tours, tastings and a Viking whiskey cruise
- Lots of river based fun, including raft and leisure boat races on the River Shannon and flyboarding displays