Bank of Ireland (House of Lords)
The Irish Houses of Parliament, also known as the Irish Parliament House, today called the Bank of Ireland, College Green, due to its use by the bank, was the world's first purpose-built two-chamber parliament house.
It served as the seat of both chambers of the Irish Parliament of the Kingdom of Ireland for most of the 18th century until that parliament was abolished by the Act of Union of 1801.
Built in 1729, the building was purchased in 1803 by the Bank of Ireland.
A condition of sale was that it could never be used for political assembly again so the main chamber was divided into offices despite having only been recently renovated following a fire. However, the House of Lords Chamber remains.
Access may not be allowed to the House of Lords Chamber if the area is closed for a private function.
The building was so admired that many architects have since copied features of its design and incorporated these into buildings around the world including House of Representatives in Washington DC and entrance to the British Museum in London.