Derrymore Springs Adventure Centre
Derrymore Springs is situated alongside the legendary River Deel, famous for its wild brown trout. Its a tributary of the River Boyne. We are a 5 minute drive from Killucan Co. Westmeath and just 7 minutes from Kinnegad just off the N4. This 20 acre man made lake was landscaped out of a Quarry.
The lake is spring fed, it has a variety of features that benefit different specious of wild life. We have planted over 20,000 trees and created 4 islands which provide nesting grounds for various wild fowl. There are green park areas, a sandy beach and a ring-road for nature walks.
Here in Derrymore Springs our activities include fishing, kayaking, peddle boating, and we also cater for group sessions on our inflatable water park which is also great fun for all the family. Also included in the group sessions is Aqua golf, raft building and raft racing.
**We are a bookings only facility open 7 days a week; 10am-6pm, offering after 6pm sessions to large groups**
Try out our Aqua Park, its easy and fun for kids and adults…
There’s a variety of different shapes, sizes and functions making the water park exciting and entertaining for everyone. With our full-time lifeguards, it is fun and safe for the entire family.
The Aqua Park consists of inflatable slides, runways, jumping pillows and bouncers all connected together and floating in a large, clean, and refreshing lake. It is, by far, the most fun and inexpensive way to have fun with family and friends.
- We provide personal safety equipment (wet suits and buoyancy aids)
- Water boots/shoes are not permitted on the inflatables
- Bring towels, swim suit and change of clothes
- Users should also bring an old pair of cotton socks to be worn on the aqua park
Derrymore springs staff aim to provide a stress-free experience for teachers as much as possible. All teachers have access to our teacher’s lounge where they can view some of the activities along with complimentary tea coffee and sandwiches. You can take our pedal boats out onto the water, take a stroll round the lake or do a spot of fishing at no extra cost.
Why Choose Derrymore Springs:
- All activities take place on the one site – no further travelling
- All specialist equipment provided
- Fully supervised by qualified instructors at all times
- Water and land based activities all on one site
- Hassle free school tours for leaders and teachers
- Activities designed to engage kids and reduce wait time
- All safety equipment (life jackets-wet suits) supplied
- Fun safe educational environment
- Fully insured public liability insurance
- Beautiful tranquil setting
- Value for money