From early morning as the mist descends the Shannon Estuary to the Wild Atlantic Sea, to the setting of the sun in the late of the evening, ShannonFerry will take you and your vehicle on this memorable 20 minute journey across the estuary linking the iconic tourist destinations of the Banner County of Clare to the Kingdom of Kerry.
This is a lovely experience for visitors who would like a short break in their journey to relax as they sail across the majestic Shannon Estuary. And if you're lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of the dolphins, which in the summer, can sometimes swim so near the ferry, as if just to entertain you.
As the only vehicle ferry trip on the main spine of the Wild Atlantic Way, this invigorating journey allows you experience the rugged nature of land and sea as you breathe in the fresh salty sea air that encapsulates Irelands Wild Atlantic Way.
Whether you are leaving or arriving in Clare, take some time to enjoy our Visitor Centre.
Our shop stocks an extensive range of books for all interests, souvenirs of Ireland, CDs and tapes, tea, coffee, ice cream.
- The ferry sails every hour on the hour from Killimer to Tarbert from 7.00am to 21.00pm Monday to Saturday.
- The ferry sails every hour on the half hour from Tarbert to Killimer from 7.30am to 21.30pm Monday to Saturday.
- First sailing on a Sunday is 9.00am from Killimer and 9.30am from Tarbert.
- An additional ferry will be in operation from June until September providing half-hourly sailings between 9.30am and 18.00pm.
- No sailings on Christmas Day.
- €19 per car and passengers
- €5 per person bike and foot-passengers