Carlow Rooster Festival
The Carlow Rooster Festival runs from October 5th - 7th 2018.
The Potato Food Trail
All throughout the Festival various hotels, restaurants & cafe’s will have a special potato dish available to celebrate the Rooster and its connections to Carlow.
National Potato Picking Championship
The National Potato Picking Championship will take place on the Saturday of the Festival. This fun event will be part of the Family Open day in Oak Park on the 6th October.
We are looking for teams of 4 people to compete to see who can pick the most potatoes (in weight) in 5 minutes. In the interest of fairness to those less green fingered competitors amongst us, all potatoes will be prepicked out of the ground & just need to be packed.
The weekend includes a Spub crawl with live music and entertainment in Carpe Diem, Carpenters, O’Loughlins, Teach Dolmain and Reddy's.
Fun Family Open Day
There will be a fun family day on Saturday 6th October from 12 – 5pm with lots of great activites planned there’s something for all the family to enjoy.
- Register your team beforehand & take part in the National Potato Picking Championship
- Our friends at Teagasc were very busy earlier this year & sowed a whole crop of potatoes for you to pick & take home….nothing beats the taste of fresh homegrown potatoes for dinner.
- Farm & Agricultural machinery display spanning though the decades.
- Enjoy a fun junior treasure hunt
- Bounce to our hearts content in the children’s fun area.
- Take advantage of this rare occasion & enjoy an open tour of Oak Park House & Museum.
- Learn how to bred the perfect potato with a demo from Teagasc
- Brush up on your culinary skills with a cookery Demo.