Atlantic AirVenture is an exciting and interactive Aviation Museum, Aviation Education Centre and Flight Simulation Centre located in Shannon, Co Clare.
More than just a fun attraction, Atlantic AirVenture is a living and breathing learning hub, enabling exploration of Aviation Careers, encouraging Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths subjects, and serving educators and students, groups, families and individuals through our own specifically designed programmes and activities.
Atlantic AirVenture provides educational and fun activities, based on real world lessons for both adults and children. All our programmes are delivered by dedicated aviators, engineers and industry professionals who combine to share their knowledge, experience and passion for aviation, here at this unique facility in Shannon, Co Clare
Our real world based educational programmes are available for a range
of groups, families and individuals of all ages.
Sky high Family Activities at Atlantic AirVenture
If you are looking for a new fun day out for the family, check out our family flying experience!
Learn how aircraft fly during a pre-flight ground school lesson, then test out those theories with a virtual flight in a high-performance aerobatic aircraft!
Suitable for the armchair pilot or complete novice. Our instructors are always close by! This is a fun new experience for the family to enjoy together.
The session starts with a ground school lesson where visitors learn about the basic physics behind flight and how the aircraft is manoeuvred using the flight controls.
After a quick demonstration flight by your pilot instructor, you will be ready to take to the virtual skies. You and your team member are in command of a high-performance aerobatic aircraft for an Air Race around New York! The mission is to find the Statue of Liberty and to fly under the Brooklyn Bridge, perform a loop for cruise ship passengers in the Hudson River, then buzz the Empire State Building and race back to JFK for your best landing!
Then its off to New York’s JFK airport, their challenge is a race in the Red Bull Extra 300 high-performance aircraft! The mission is to find the Statue of Liberty and then to fly under the Brooklyn Bridge, and then back to JFK for their best landing!
It’s not all over then… Take an interactive guided tour of Shannon Aviation Museum to learn more about our displays of aircraft, jet engines, landing gear, cockpits, including the iconic Spitfire, as well as a great collection of model aeroplane artefacts and memorabilia. There might be a surprise along the way for one visitor who will be invited to assist in demonstrating a life vest!
All visitors will also have the chance to sit in a real aircraft so don’t forget your camera!
You can even upgrade and take an additional challenge, approach and land a B737-800 NG, ideal for the big kids or a the budding aviator in the family.
- Atlantic AirVenture will reopen on Jan 2nd 2017
- Monday-Friday 10-6
- General Saturdays and School Holidays 2.00 pm.
- We recommend Booking ahead to avoid any disappointment.
- Duration: Approximately 1.5 – 2 hrs duration.
- Price Per Person: €20.00
- Suitable for: Children 7+ (children must be accompanied by an adult at all times)
- Price Includes Flight Simulation Experience and Guided Interactive Museum Tour
- General Museum Admission Adults €6 and Children €3 not participating in Flight Sim activity
- Guided Museum Tours are arranged at the above times as part of the Aviation Discovery Experience and can not be guaranteed outside those times.
- Interactive Aviation Museum
- Family Activities
- School Tours
- Transition Year Aviation Career Field Trips
- Scouts AirActivites Adventure Skills Badge
- Aviation Summer Camp
- Aviation Academy
- Teen Aviation Academy
- Future Pilot Programme
- Adult Evening Course :Introduction to the Aviation Industry